1620A hall was built on this site for William Ratclyffe.
1710–30The current hall was built for Alexander Radclyffe on the base of the previous hall
1922The Radclyffe family leased the hall and adjoining Park to Chadderton Council, who open the site to the public.
1960the council took ownership of the hall which was now in a state of disrepair.
1965Restored by the council
2003Friends of Foxdenton started fund raising for the hall, running a café and toilet facility in the hall for the park users.
2011The hall was again declared unsafe and closed by the council.
2016The community group Chadderton Together was granted a licensing arrangement so they might search for funding to refurbish the building and build a pavilion to the rear. Oldham Council gave the project a £30,000 grant with the support of ward councillors.
Town Hall and Parliament Square
Tandle Hill is Oldham’s oldest country park with 48 hectares of parkland featuring mature beech trees, mixed woodland and grassland; and is a designated Site of Biological Importance for its fungi and bird populations..
Visible from many parts of Oldham it overlooks Higginshaw village to the east, Royton to the north and Oldham centre to the west and south with additional views across the Manchester Plain and the Pennine Hills.
Oldham Edge, in the Tandle Hill area, is a large area of moorland and grassland, containing mixed woodland plantations.
Facilities available at the park include a Café (open most weekends and school holidays), public toilets (including disabled access), baby changing facilities and plentiful car parking. There is also a ahildren’s play area with sand play and basket swing
Activities on the site include, walking, cycling, orienteering, bird-watching and pond-dipping.